The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (Phak1, Guitplayer, Otto Skorzeny, Perro, greenie-reddy, Hush, Hotrod Lincoln, 1 invisible), 155 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,228
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1166366 05/21/2016 9:40 PM
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 70
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 70
first off i appologize if this is the wrong place.

i have been to every parts house that i know of and the internet but i cant find these 3 parts if you guys would happen to know where i could get some i would really appriciate it they are for a 1949 chevy pickup truck 3100 emergency brake parts and a wheel cylinder end I dont need the wheel cylinder end now but i do need the spring and clip to hold the brakes on
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/...ency%20brake%20parts/20160521_142511.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/...ency%20brake%20parts/20160521_142439.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/...hevy%20emergency%20brake%20parts%202.jpg

Last edited by jpmanyhearts; 05/22/2016 2:48 AM.

frankenstein Fabrications
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Your picture link doesn't work for me, it want's me to sign in...

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 70
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 70
try that


frankenstein Fabrications
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 1,624
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 1,624
Unsure if this will help you but....I could not find anything to fit an ebrake and drum for another make of car. I finally found exactly what I needed by looking at trailer brakes. They had just what I needed and it was a drop in. Can't remember the name of the company but they make just about all trailer axle/brakes used by both small and large trailers.


Six volt guy living in a twelve volt world
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Yes, that worked!

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,747
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,747
Looks like Huck style brake parts. This is the full wheel cylinder: http://www.bowtiebits.com/store/sto...amp;Category_ID=2&Sub_Category_ID=35
Shows the adjuster "wheels" other bits might be found in the for sale postings?


Steve H
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 336
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 336
PM sent


1959 3100 Apache Fleetside
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 70
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 70
PM Replied to thank you soooooo much


frankenstein Fabrications
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
jpmanyhearts, I'm looking for the same parts for the passenger side of a 1940 1/2 ton. Did you find yours at one of the trailer companies?

Thanks,
Steve


Steve J
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 70
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 70
hey guys Im sorry for the hiatus

I wanted to let everyone know that Im still looking for those parts. if anyone knows of an old parts truck somewhere please let me know

Last edited by jpmanyhearts; 04/29/2017 3:44 AM.

frankenstein Fabrications
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 70
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 70
Im sorryS Jackson I didnt


frankenstein Fabrications
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
Originally Posted by jpmanyhearts
hey guys Im sorry for the hiatus

I wanted to let everyone know that Im still looking for those parts. if anyone knows of an old parts truck somewhere please let me know
I think I have those parts. I will take a look in my shed (its a half hour from my house) this weekend and let you know.
Carl


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 70
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 70
thank you so so so much 52Carl


frankenstein Fabrications
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 70
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 70
i have been to every parts house that i know of and the internet but i cant find these 2 parts the piece with the hook and the arm if you guys would happen to know where i could get some i would really appriciate it they are for a 1949 chevy pickup truck 3100 emergency brake parts


frankenstein Fabrications
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you pics of what I have. (I finally found them buried under my pile of "treasure".)
Carl


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 70
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 70
Originally Posted by 52Carl
Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you pics of what I have. (I finally found them buried under my pile of "treasure".)
Carl
done


frankenstein Fabrications

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0