The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (mick53, Gdads51, JW51, tclederman, Wayne67vert, 1 invisible), 139 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,266
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#121470 08/04/2006 7:01 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 453
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 453
I think I figured out this picture thing. I was using a "real" camera after I bought the truck. I started using a digital camera in the middle of the tear down. So I apologize for not having any photos to show what the truck looked like after I got it. Anyway, just wanted to show what I got and where I'm at with it. Haven't given the truck a name yet. As soon as I figure out what color to paint it, a name will come to mind.


http://community.webshots.com/user/mummdogg

#121471 08/04/2006 8:04 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
Good looking old truck, should be pretty cool once you get it all put back together!

Kyle


"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton

My Machine
#121472 08/04/2006 9:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm glad I looked at your pics,now I know what I want to do this weekend grin .how many guys should I have over to lift mt cab off the frame?

#121473 08/05/2006 1:51 AM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 453
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 453
As far as lifting the cab off the frame...it only took me and another guy to lift it. It really isn't that bad. (3) would prolly be easier, but (2) people can do it.

#121474 08/05/2006 3:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just had a severe case of deja vu looking at your pics. Reminded me of my earlier challenges. I will pray for you. Good luck. It will be worth it in the end.

#121475 08/12/2006 2:18 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 32
O
Junior Member
Junior Member
O Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 32
Looks alot like a project my son is just starting on a 53 GMC. What are your plans for engine restore the old six or upgrade two later six or V8?

#121476 08/13/2006 4:32 AM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
awesome.. and a nice garage too... i like the cab stand you built...


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
#121477 08/13/2006 7:55 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 75
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 75
makes me feel better about my rusty c10 i have. thought something like that only went to scrap.. very nice work.gives me hope


"you can't fix stupid"
#121478 08/13/2006 3:08 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 453
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 453
Obsa...The engine,(235 ci), is from a 1954 with a 1953 head. I have a buddy who works at NAPA and is really looking forward to rebuilding this engine for me. I planning on gathering all the sheet metal in September to get started on the cab. Not quite sure who I'm gonna go with yet to buy the sheet metal from. There's alot of vendors out there who offer this stuff. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0