The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (1955 1 Series, TUTS 59, Gdads51, TooMany2count, 2 invisible), 74 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,348
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1212569 04/11/2017 12:00 AM
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 914
3
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 914
My son called me today (the truck is kept about
50 minutes from where I live an it was to late for
me to ride there to see it in person) because
he could not figure out how to remove the battery.

The bolt that holds the metal band around the side
of the battery was removed but the bracket would
not spread enough to remove the battery.

My son could not see any other fasteners. So what
is he not seeing?
Thanks Jeffrey

Last edited by 32vld; 04/11/2017 12:00 AM.
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 201
E
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
E Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 201
I've never tried removing the battery from mine that way because a previous owner made an oversized opening and cover in the floor. The other idea I have is to remove the floorboard. There is a series of stove bolts around the perimeter and the whole floor lifts up. It will allow him to see how to remove the bar from the side of the battery box as well as simply lift the battery out.

Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 914
3
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 914
Thanks Ed. I drove to the truck this morning. First thing
I did was go under the truck to see what my son had done.
That is when I realized the floor board had to be removed.
To take the battery out from the top. When my son bought
the truck it had a good battery.

Long time since I have worked on old cars. So long ago
I forgot how I changed the battery in my 1950 F 1. That
was about 1978.

Then when writing this post my memories came back to
me of removing the front seat in my 1935 Buick coupe
to get access to the Buick's battery. Whether to R & R,
check the water, or charge it. Jeffrey



Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0