The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (1955 1 Series, Shade Baby, Gray_Ghost, JW51, ronsway), 164 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,271
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1212399 04/09/2017 10:53 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 11
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 11
Hi, I just installed an original 6 volt wiper motor (#5047765) in my 54. I have the foot pedal washer also and with the old vacuum motor the washer would turn on the wipers too but there doesn't seem to be a way to connect the cable from the washer to this electric motor. Has anybody seen a 54 with both? I'm not using the cable from the washer now and it's not a huge deal, Thanks for any help, Tom

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
The 1954 Chevrolet truck electric wiper has a place on the top for clamping the washer's foot-pedal cable.

I'll see if I can find a link to a photo. Greg Hill might have a link to a few photos.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 11
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 11
Thanks Tim, I have seen a 57 motor and it has different plastic sliders than the 54 motor. I had also seen the pics of yours in a post with Lonnie Cook and he has the same motor as mine. Maybe a 57 cable could somehow attach to it with some small parts but not sure

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
If you solve the mystery, let me know. A friend in OR and I have never found the answer. I did find a bulletin that described trimming the cable to resolve a problem when used with the electric wiper motor but I can not find the definitive answer. I suspect that there was either a different switch plate or a modified mount to give it the ability to hook up to both cables yet let each one work independently of each other. just e-mailed some info to the address in your public profile. Hope it helps.

Last edited by Greg_H; 04/10/2017 3:07 AM. Reason: additional comment
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 11
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 11
Thanks Greg, That seems to make sense about the switch plate. Maybe we'll come up with the answer eventually. Haven't got anything yet in my e-mail but sometimes it's slow. Thanks again, Tom

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 336
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 336
There are a couple of accessory installation manuals on ebay, here is a link to one: www.ebay.com/itm/1954-Chevrolet-Accessories-Installation-Manual-Car-amp-Truck-54-Chevy-/232255887677

This is a 14 dollar one, the other one is over a 100 bucks.

Amazon has some too.

Last edited by Cablesmill; 04/10/2017 6:43 AM.

1959 3100 Apache Fleetside
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
The red book shows washer installation but no detail on electric wiper motor. This really is a "hunt for a unicorn" trying to find any info of that particular combination.

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 336
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 336
I've never seen an electric wiper setup in a 54 truck, but would I be correect it uses a cabled switch that connects to a slider? If so, I would think there has to be a cable running from somewhere on the foot pump up to the motor that would actuate the slider. I was looking at my accessory manual for 59's and all it shows is the electric foot pump and I know these are different kits. Defdinitely a head scratcher... I looked online for a chevy truck club, and found one: chevyclub.com. Somebody there may be able to answer this question.

Last edited by Cablesmill; 04/11/2017 6:33 AM.

1959 3100 Apache Fleetside

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0