| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (jmoore, WICruiser),
129
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,478 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 18 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 18 | Does anyone know if a 1941 - 46 1/2 ton lower cowl patch would fit a 1940 1/2 ton. I was thinking that 1940 thru 1946 had the same cab. Thanks for your help in advance. Theo | | | | | Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 1,438 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 1,438 | Not sure, but I think they are dimensionally different. The 41-46 for sure, do not have the little 'diamond' at the rear. I got my lower cowl patch panels from Ray at [email protected]. These are very good panels and Ray is very helpful over the phone too should you have questions. I highly recommend. Dennis
40 Chevy 1/2 ton
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 18 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 18 | I emailed those folks & they didn't carry the 1940 cowl patches. But thanks for your imput.
Last edited by Theo; 03/20/2017 8:27 PM.
| | | | | Joined: May 2015 Posts: 11,101 Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums | | Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums Joined: May 2015 Posts: 11,101 | Jim Carter lists some cowl panels for 39-40 trucks. Not sure what you're looking for, but you can browse thru his offerings. Link
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truckFollow this saga in Project JournalPhotos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 18 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 18 | klhansen, thanks for the link. I must have looked 100 times at Jim Carter Trucks and missed it. I'll have to compare with the truck to see if these are the right section of lower cowl. Thanks again. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 36 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 36 | The 39-40 panels are different from the 41-46 panels. the 39-40have a reveal that matches the rocker panel. The 41-46 the fender comes back farther and covers that area. I am surprised the wheelwright guy doesn't have them I emailed him before and he told me they did make them. | | |
| |
| |