The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (klhansen, BC59, homer52), 123 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,618
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 81
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 81
I am having what looks to be a common problem - replacement door weatherstrip (Precision) is to too thick and/or too stiff to allow doors to close flush, regardless of every possible adjustment. I have heard good things about both Metro Supersoft or Steele brand (Steele has an "original" profile and a "small" profile)...anybody use these products and have any feedback?

Thanks!


gobolt


Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Steele all the way!
chug


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 81
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 81
Thanks - any experience with the original or the small profile?


gobolt


Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 631
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 631
Originally Posted by gobolt
Thanks - any experience with the original or the small profile?


Depends on the truck the situation and the gap your trying to fill. Have seen trucks where one door needed original and the other needed thin to get a reasonable fit.

Last edited by showkey; 03/08/2017 3:07 PM.
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 186
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 186
I had to redo my doors with the thinner to get them to close.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 281
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 281
I used small profile from Steele on the 59. The doors close firm but I still get a bit of wind noise and water leaks. I decided to live with it. I think some areas would be too tight if I went to a thicker weather strip.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0