The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
10 members (Gdads51, Bucker, GMCJammer51, Hush, D B Cooper, Southerntruck, Jon G, Phak1, 1955 1 Series, 1 invisible), 151 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,092
Posts1,056,149
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 80
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 80
Does anyone know if it is possible to find, by VIN #, the original dealer that a truck was shipped to from the assembly plant? or am I just a dreamer?


1959 3204 Basic Cab
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 62
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 62
I just ordered the spec sheet for my truck from http://www.vintagevehicleservices.com/options.html I am told when it comes in it will show original dealer.

This is for GM Canada of course, but I am sure there is something similar for US production.


1951 GMC 9430 long box w/ hoist
1952 GMC 9430 long box w/ hoist (sold)
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
I've not tried personally but I've read many postings over the years that GM doesn't keep records long. What their cut off date is I don't know. The only thing you're out by asking is maybe some postage. If you are successful we'd sure like to hear about it.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0