The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (ShopRag, Bill Hanlon, fonz8261), 141 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,337
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1201598 01/26/2017 6:59 PM
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
6
'Bolter
'Bolter
6 Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
I am restoring a 1962 Chevy C10 stepside and I want it all original. I am at the "tire stage" now and was wondering what the stock tires would be on that. I thought I read 225/75/R15. Am I right? If someone could help me out and maybe post a pic of what it looks like on the truck I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you.

Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,180
Red dot, center of chest ...
Red dot, center of chest ...
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,180
The tires would not have been radials. They would have been bias ply tires. The first standard issue radials in America didn't come out until 1970 when Ford introduced them.


Paul Schmehl CI 6
geek@stovebolt.com
Stovebolt Staff: Geek
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
6.70-15 would be the OEM standard size. In a modern P or :T Metric radial size, the closest match would be a 215/75/15.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 436
6
'Bolter
'Bolter
6 Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 436
Thanks for that information. I have been considering going back to stock rims/tires for my '62 C10. I have 60 series tires with mags on it now. They came with the truck.

Stock tires should also help reduce my RPM's since they are a bit taller than what I have on it now. Maybe not a lot, but every bit helps.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0