| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,121 Posts1,056,328 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 5 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 5 | I am restoring a 1962 Chevy C10 stepside and I want it all original. I am at the "tire stage" now and was wondering what the stock tires would be on that. I thought I read 225/75/R15. Am I right? If someone could help me out and maybe post a pic of what it looks like on the truck I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 1,179 Red dot, center of chest ... | | Red dot, center of chest ... Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 1,179 | The tires would not have been radials. They would have been bias ply tires. The first standard issue radials in America didn't come out until 1970 when Ford introduced them. | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | 6.70-15 would be the OEM standard size. In a modern P or :T Metric radial size, the closest match would be a 215/75/15.
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 436 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 436 | Thanks for that information. I have been considering going back to stock rims/tires for my '62 C10. I have 60 series tires with mags on it now. They came with the truck.
Stock tires should also help reduce my RPM's since they are a bit taller than what I have on it now. Maybe not a lot, but every bit helps. | | |
| |
| |