The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, Ponchogl, treegrower), 73 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,099
Posts1,056,508
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 261
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 261
Hi All,

I am reassembling my 1950 ½ ton and I cannot seem to get the pedal accelerator rod and the carbareto linkage to connect. I am pretty sure I am using the hardware I took off the engine but previous I was using a 216 and now I am using a 235.
The original accelerator pedal rod had a single long radius curve. The end now does not match up with the pivoting bracket that links to the carburetor. I searched the internet looking for pictures but all the pedal rods seemed to be “S” shaped.
Do I have to change the pedal rod to use a 235 engine in my truck? Does anyone have pictures of what the proper set up should look like? I should also mention I was running a 1939 216in if that makes a difference.
Thanks,
Skipper

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,094
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,094
If I remember correctly there are two different holes for the pivot on the block, you may have it in a different position than it was in on the 216.


Tommy
59 apache 1/2t
261 short stepside
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Maybe your answer is here on Dave's blog. Throttle Linkage


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 496
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 496
I ran into the same thing when I was installing a 235 where a 216 used to be. You have to use a 235 connecting rod. It's longer and shaped correctly. The 216 Rod will not Work..... I tried.


1950 SUBURBAN / SCHOOL BUS A.K.A "THE SCHOOL RUST"
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
I have used 216 linkage many times on 235 swaps without cutting anything up.
There are a number of variables with this...


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0