The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 149 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,619
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#119730 02/28/2006 11:45 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 126
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 126
Hello fellow bolters. I was wondering if anyone knows what color the AC oil canisterthat brackets onto the manifold on my 42 pickup should be. Also the location of the decals. A picture of one restored would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.


Chris Simmonds
1942 Chevy 3/4 ton
#119731 03/01/2006 5:23 AM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 586
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 586
http://community.webshots.com/photo/538693657/1538696611032470346hZTWLZ
Mine is a '51, but if its an AC, I believe the color would be yellow not matter what. Cecil...........

#119732 03/01/2006 5:40 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 355
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 355
I just redid one from a 216, and it was orange and blue. It had a sticker similar to the one in the link here. Dont know where it came from or who made it, but the piant I blasted off looked pretty much factory. I had it powder coated, and it sure looks fine now.


Jeff
1947 Chevy 6400 2-ton
In the Gallery
1953 3/4-ton
In the Gallery
It was fun while it lasted
#119733 03/01/2006 6:37 AM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 442
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 442
Beautiful '51Jimmy, what color is the truck painted? I have a '50chevy1/2ton I'm wanting to paint in the future, love the color

#119734 03/01/2006 8:05 AM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 586
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 586
Your right Jeff, I had forgotten that. Mine is a GMC and Jim Carter says that yellow is the one for my truck, although there is some argument even to that. I believe that blue and orange is the right color for your truck Chris.
Bluedot38, The color is a PPG paint, DCC25466 Savannabeige. It's the closest I could find to Miami Sand, a GMC color for '51. Cecil........

#119735 03/01/2006 8:55 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 126
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 126
Thanks so much for the info everyone. That yellow one looks great 51Jimmy. Anyone have a picture of the Orange and blue painted filter? What part was blue and which was oragne. Thanks again.


Chris Simmonds
1942 Chevy 3/4 ton
#119736 03/01/2006 2:12 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 355
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 355
I dont have a picture of mine yet, i just got it back from the coaters. The top is orange and the lower part is blue. The nut/bolt though the top is black. I'll try to get a photo and email it to you later this week.


Jeff
1947 Chevy 6400 2-ton
In the Gallery
1953 3/4-ton
In the Gallery
It was fun while it lasted
#119737 03/01/2006 5:08 PM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Here is a poor photo of a 1955-1962 Chevrolet AC oil filter.

Here is that same \'55-\'62 by-pass filter before it was cleaned up and painted.

I think that AC filters were a different size and colors in 1954 and earlier. Fram filters are another story.

#119738 03/01/2006 7:41 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 126
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 126
Thanks for all the help everyone. Still not sure what color for my year but I am guessing orange top and blue base. Any more photos would be great! thanks again.


Chris Simmonds
1942 Chevy 3/4 ton

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0