The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Otto Skorzeny, joe apple), 64 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,139
Members48,435
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#119606 02/17/2006 5:24 PM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 61
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 61
Soon I'll tackle the job of stripping the very dark green paint from my 36 truck's dashboard,,and attempting to give it a wrinkle finish. I have grey wrinkle spray..which will be followed by the light brown that was the orig look...any tips on this job? Any new "wrinkles" in application...will wait for a hoty day to do it...don't want any part of Heatlamps or hairdryers.


bruce duykers
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 199
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 199
Hey Bruce, I did the entire inside of my 60 cab by hand using sandpaper and scotch brite pads.

I didnt take my paint of to bare metal, I left as much of the original primer as possible and cleaned that up with tack cloth, several times using new cloth each time.

I applied one thin coat of the wrinkle paint as a base primer and wet sanded that with 400gr paper. I then applied two more coats of wrinkle sanding between these coats with 1000gr wet paper.

I am at that point now and trying to decide if I need a clear coat for protetion from keyring scratches etc.

I used two colors of gray to give me that original custom delux cab look.

I took my time and used lots of tack cloth to keep the dust cleaned up because I wanted to work in a dust free area.

Hobert


"The Lord is my shepherd"

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0