The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Robert Crandall, J Lucas, 1955 1 Series, Otto Skorzeny), 99 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,465
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 41
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 41
I can find all kinds of reference to outside colors but nothing on what the colors are inside the cab. Does anybody have a link or data on what I should paint the inside of my 1953 3808.
The outside is Juniper green, Thistle gray on the grill and anvil gray on the front bumper.


Chevy Pete
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 422
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 422
5253chevyman, I restored a 53... 3100 and I have a 53 Chevy truck paint color chart from DuPont. They have...
Instrument Panel (all Models Except Suburban)...
DUCO Stock Order Number... 740
DUCO Code... 202-81407
Color... Sheen Gray Metallic

Now, when I was taking my 53 apart, that "Sheen Gray Metallic" showed up everywhere in the interior. So, I painted it as I found it, dash, seat frame, and all of the interior.

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 41
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 41
Thanks for the info guys. The steering column appears to be a different color than the rest of the cab but I think I'm going to do just like AD_Pickup and paint it all one color.


Chevy Pete
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 587
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 587
It is a different color. DuPont 8540 or PPG 27627. But I see very few restored trucks with this color on the steering wheel and column.

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 41
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 41
Thanks Brian. I will record this for future reference in case I change my mind on the one color option.


Chevy Pete
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 452
X
Member
Member
X Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 452
See also here for '53 paint specs.


Curt
----
1953 Chevy 6400, 1957 Chevy 2dr Sedan
--"Mediocrity is easy, the good things take time"

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0