| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,225 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 293 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 293 | Just wondering if on the earlier trucks, if anyone has ever tried to Soda Blast painted wood? It works on Fiberglass and gel coat with out eating it up. I'm restoring a horse drawn Gypsy Wagon, and I've got a lot of detailed area to strip. Thank you for our help | | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 1,901 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 1,901 | I'd ask a professional blaster or three the some wood refinishers as well.
Give me ambiguity or give me something else
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 1,122 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 1,122 | Since no one else has offered to respond, I'll offer my perspective. Many years ago I worked part time in a cabinet shop. A customer ordered her kitchen be done in a "custom design" for the finish. She wanted the ash wood "distressed". We had a subcontractor sandblast the wood. The boss was worried it would turn out to be a mess and we'd get stuck. Well, it turned out aces and as I recall we did at least two other kitchens that way. I would think soda media would be much less aggressive and maybe do an acceptable job. If it were me, I'd try it on a test piece first. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | | | |
| |
| |