The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (rfs56trk, tclederman, Gdads51, Wally / Montana, 39Master85, ndkid275), 100 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,376
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 261
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 261
Hi All,
I read through a bunch of threads to find the steering wheel paint for my 50 1/2 chevy. I read that mr. graham had a good match in Limco paint. I also read about SEM taupe paint. What would be the code for PPG or Dupont?
thanks,
skipper

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,281
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,281
I have a very pristine steering wheel in 95% original paint. I challenge anyone to come up with a closer match than Rustoleum 7754 Anodized Bronze. I touched up the 5% of the steering wheel with it and it matches.
My only question for the makers of Rustoleum is, "How in the world can you call 'that' paint Anodized Bronze?!"
It has no similarity to anything anodized, nor is it even close to anything made of bronze. They should call it "Chevrolet AD Truck Steering Wheel" paint.
Carl


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 261
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 261
Carl,

I will have a look to find that 7754. I was hoping to get a dupont number because I think it will be a bit more durable in the long run.

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,281
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,281
I have used it on my '50 truck for 9,000 miles and it hasn't changed a bit, and it is an outdoor truck.


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0