The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (Jay R, 52Carl, 78buckshot, TooMany2count, walter74, Bill Hanlon, Barry Martak, Charles in CA, 1955 1 Series), 122 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,417
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 43
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 43
Working on getting the hood to properly fit on a 41.
Is there a gasket that goes between the hood side panel and the front upper fender bracket?
See pictures:
Closed
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag13/catfish_fry/20161009_155456_zpswy2qmkym.jpg
Open (see shaded area)
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag13/catfish_fry/20161009_155503-Txt_zpsayxd4pdh.jpg

Thank You,

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
V
VEW Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
V Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
Yes there is. I took one off during disassembly and I think I got one with a gasket kit.
I'll check now.


~ Victor
1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery
1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD
1957 3100 - moved on
1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on
1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on
1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
V
VEW Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
V Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
I think it's the same material that goes on the cowl; between cowl and hood.


~ Victor
1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery
1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD
1957 3100 - moved on
1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on
1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on
1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
V
VEW Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
V Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
Here's a pic of what I got years ago:

41 hood lace

I just now opened the package. Has product code of FP115, but don't know what vendor I got it from. Package had 4 strips: one for each side of the hood to cowl, and one for each side of the area you are asking about.


~ Victor
1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery
1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD
1957 3100 - moved on
1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on
1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on
1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 43
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 43
Thank you for the information.

I purchased the rubber version, part number FP116 from Jim carter. It came with 2 pieces that are long enough for that location. I am wondering how to mount them and they also seem to be too thick to fit there.
I may just go with something thinner and use contact cement???

Thoughts?

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 43
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 43
We ended up finding a rubber grommet much like what is used for the hood to upper grill but larger around and more flat. This should work just great. No pic yet to post.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0