The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (mick53), 202 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,288
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
V
VEW
Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
V Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
I'm trying to lock down the parts I need to get my truck to stop.

It had a firewall mounted MC when I got it years ago, and I'm going back with that. But I would like to add a booster. I've had help here with MC selection. Thanks.

So, I'm talking to the vendor about a MC/booster combo (1 1/8" MC, 8" booster) and he said he wouldn't sell it to me because it says it's for 1/2 ton, and my truck is a 3/4 ton. He suggested I talk to their supplier, CPP, and if I got their OK, he would sell it to me.

So, I made a call to CPP, explained the situation, and he said he would research it and call me back. I finally spoke with him again, and he said they recommend a 9" booster.

I'm OK with that IF it will fit. Which brings me to my question. Anybody installed a 9" booster on the firewall of a 41-46?

I'm thinking I will need to get a smaller air cleaner (no biggie), but I'm more concerned about it interfering with the "V" brace rod.

As always, thanks for your advise.


~ Victor
1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery
1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD
1957 3100 - moved on
1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on
1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on
1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,805
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,805
The extra inch of booster diameter will add a considerable amount of stopping power (makes the driver's leg stronger) but consider this- - - -ANY BOOST AT ALL IS BETTER THAN NONE! The length and leverage of the pedal will probably have more of an effect on stopping power than the diameter of the booster.

Be absolutely sure you build a sturdy pedal pivot and angle brace it well- - - -the firewall is way too flimsy to anchor a pedal and master cylinder without lots of bracing.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0