The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (IHPWR, Leo, Gdads51, Woodcmiami, 1 invisible), 101 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,344
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1183559 09/21/2016 5:02 PM
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 4
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 4
HI Guys, I'm sure this has been covered on here but I can't find any posts about it. The radiator in my 1959 is leaking and I'd like to replace it, preferably with a less expensive replacement since this is by no means a show truck. Will the Apache radiator bolt in, or some other model that is mass produced? If not, does anyone know the dimensions off the top of their head? Mine has the 283 in it.

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
I believe one out of a smaller truck will work, LMC truck shows a heavy duty one with 23 1/2" wide core. That is what mine is in my Viking 60. Can you have yours re-cored? It may be cheaper to do that f your tanks are OK.


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 4
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 4
I could probably get it re-cored, but with no-name brands selling for under $150, I'd rather just get a new one, plus it would be a quicker repair

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
true, but you may end up with better quality having it re-cored, not sure though. Wherever you order the rad from should have dimensions so you can double check. Again, I believe a heavy duty from a regular pickup of the same vintage should work. (heavy duty had a wider core)


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 25
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 25
I have one available from a 1959 Viking 60 that I am parting out if you're still needing one.


Gary



When I get a headache, I take 2 aspirin and keep away from the kids like it says on the bottle.
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 4
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 4
Well I put in a chinese aluminum radiator off of Ebay for $130 made for the pickups and it works great. One issue I had was it was a bit taller so the upper radiator hose was a tight fit, but hasn't caused any problems, and the second issue was there are no tabs to mount the fan shroud to. Although I would like to have the shroud for protection from the fan, it hasn't created any over heating issues yet. Once again, my use of the truck is very limited and I don't expect to have any issues either. If anyone wants the old one and is in the northeast, make me a cheap offer and it's yours, other wise it's getting scrapped


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0