The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Hotrod Lincoln, klhansen), 119 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,357
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 63
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 63
Hello everyone,
The 53 and myself are not seeing things eye to eye today.Hear is whats going on.I am deep in the middle of the floor board-cowel-kickpanel-rockerpanel patch panel fiasco,assembling it all with sheet metal screws befor welding, seems the 53 thinks it looks better with no doors.They wont close right I have been dooing a little hinge bending with not a lot of luck.I would be very greatful if a couple of you guys would go slap a tape measure on your rocker panels and give me the measurement between the door post also what is the average size of the gap around the door? Thanks Aaron :rolleyes:

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
4
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
4 Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
You just found the reason why you brace the door frames before doing this work. Your cab has flexed.


Paint & Body Shop moderator
A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
Aaron,

I recommend you measure the width of your doors at both the upper and lower hinge points and then check the opening width. You need 3/16" minimum on each side or 3/8" overall. If the opening is not enough remove some of the screws and put a bottle jack and blocks between the pillars and open it up a bit. I tacked angle iron braces from the top of the seat base to the inner firewall and it helped mine to keep shape. I also cut 2 small angle iron pc's to hold the opening in place while I welded. My door gap turned out great all around and this was my first time at this type of surgery/welding. Here's some pic's of how I did mine. Good luck.

http://community.webshots.com/album/377692314ehfoan

Curt B.


1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod
You Tube

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0