The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (2-Ton), 133 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,287
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1180454 08/30/2016 3:28 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 486
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 486
I'm putting a pertronix ignitor II ignition on a 292 I6. The Pertronix website says not to use solid core wires but they don't have a recommendation about plugs. I emailed them but got no response. Should I use the same plugs as with the standard ignition or is there a better option? What about gap? Thanks for any advice.

Jeff

Last edited by jfnar; 08/30/2016 3:47 PM.

'64 swb stepside (gone)
'57 1 ton
'53 phone truck
'59 swb
'46 1 1/2 ton
'68 swb gmc
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Originally Posted by jfnar
I'm putting a pertronix ignition on a 292 I6. The Pertronix website says not to use solid core wires but they don't have a recommendation about plugs. Should I use the same plugs as with the standard ignition or is there a better option? Thanks for any advice.

Jeff
From the Petronix website:

What applications are covered with the PerTronix Flame-Throwerâ„¢ spark plug wires?
Flame-Thrower spark plug wires are the perfect companions to our other performance products. Many applications are covered, but they are broken into two basic types. For those interested in stock appearance, our 7.0 mm "STOCK-LOOK"â„¢ all black (no script) wires are available. Not concerned about looking stock? Our 8.0 mm "MAGx2"â„¢ colored wires with Flame-Throwerâ„¢ white letter script, do the trick.


http://www.pertronix.com/prod/ig/flame/wires/default.aspx
(other, similar type plug wires would also work)

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
I think some folks open the plug gap up a bit.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Originally Posted by Justhorsenround
I think some folks open the plug gap up a bit.
"In most cases increasing the factory recommended gap by .005 improves the engine performance."


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0