Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (KEVINSKI, TUTS 59, MNSmith, 3800GUY, HandyAndy, Youngin' Tut 59, MaxStewart, Steelonsteel, 1 invisible),
84
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,584 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2016 Posts: 34 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2016 Posts: 34 | A big hello as a new member My first question what rear is in the 52 4400? The stamp is the std VL 6.17 ratio. My guess is ho72 on a 1 1/2 ton axle assembly. I have a 1965 ho 52 third member and found it was not compatable. I took a chance got it and found it was too small to axle housing. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 Big Bolt Forum Moderator | | Big Bolt Forum Moderator Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 | hi, welcome to the site! I don't know the answer but I am sure someone more familiar with the rear end #s will be along that does! | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy Rich 1952, I can't verify what I am about to say by my books, but I think the designation for that rear axle is H110, hope that helps. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 5,096 Crusing in the Passing Lane | | Crusing in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 5,096 | The ratio of of 6.17 is probably the high of low and lower ratios. There are no higher ratios available. One might look for higher ratios in a more modern truck with same wheel bolt pattern, or Brownie aux. trans.
Ed
'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires. '47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle. '54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed. '55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2016 Posts: 34 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2016 Posts: 34 | Yes that info and other posts in the archives make sense. If anyone looking for a good ho52 4.57 I have one ready for service on EBAY. Just trying recover my costs. Although shipping is a killer. | | |
| |