The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 117 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1176779 08/04/2016 11:09 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 38
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 38
Has anyone installed the Old Air a/c system model CAP-4000G-PS, which is the one that vents air through the speaker grill? I'm really hoping to get some honest reviews of this system, particularly whether it cools sufficiently, is it quiet or noisy, ease of installation, etc. My 1951 3600 has a 1958 261 with Fenton headers. I have no affiliation with Old Air, and if a reply is inappropriate for the forum, please PM me.

Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 38
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 38
Hmmmmm. Apparently my answer is that this model is not a big seller?

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 406
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 406
For what it is worth, I put a CAP 9000 Old Air unit in my personal 59 about 15 years ago. I don't know about the vent through the speaker grille, but my unit looks a lot like the CAP 4000 system. It makes cold, does not load the motor much, and seems a bit more noisy than I hoped. It is not a fresh air system, so noise is to be expected. I thought the mount brackets for the evaporator/heater unit were not durable enough so I made different ones. No complaints, but I have not worked with any other aftermarket system for comparison.

Mark

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
I've heard a lot of complaints about the speaker vents. Not enough air focused in one spot like a 2" round vent. No complaints about the product itself.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0