The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Guitplayer, Hotrod Lincoln, Bill Hanlon, Gdads51), 125 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,271
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
Anyone have a picture they could share of the rear bumper brackets for '40 burb or panel? This bumper type dishes forward in the center. I have a few parts that may be correct but don't know for sure or how they assemble to frame and bumper.

Dennis


40 Chevy 1/2 ton
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
I've looked at the gallery, but didn't see anything showing the rear bumper brackets. Sure could use some help with this one.

Dennis


40 Chevy 1/2 ton
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 6
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 6
bowtie bits antique trk parts carries them,they have a picture

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
Thanks Forty Burb. I only saw the brackets for the 1/2 ton. Are you saying the 1/2 ton is the same as the burb?

Dennis


40 Chevy 1/2 ton
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 6
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 6
the burb could be 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton,mine is 1/2 ton ,my rear bumper was modified .I am looking for my brackets,somewhere in my storage,my wheelbase is 113.5 inches and has a KC designation,I will send you pictures when I find them .good luck

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
That would be a big help Forty Burb. Looking forward to seeing what you have.

Dennis


40 Chevy 1/2 ton
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 96
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 96
The rear bumper brackets for burbs/panels with lift gate (clam shell) are the same as for the 1/2 T Pick-up. If it has the doors, the brackets are different, so as to accomodate the recess in the bumper for access to cargo area.
I have a 46 which I believe has the same rear bumper. Unfortunately it is in my home town 1500 miles away. The body is being prepped to paint, I will call and check on getting a photo of the bracket.

best of luck on your project,
Richard


Richard J Patrick - 1946 Suburban
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
That would be helpful too Richard. From what you describe, I would be looking for the brackets for a burb/panel with doors to accommodate the recess in the bumper.

Dennis


40 Chevy 1/2 ton

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0