The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Southerntruck, RoadsScholar, 50Chevy3100, NorthCoast3800, Gray_Ghost), 118 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,100
Posts1,056,514
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 15
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 15
does anyone have a ferrule instalation tool I could rent or borrow? I would pay for shipping and tool rentel. I just hate to buy a new one for a one time application! Thanks for any help Gerry!

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 47
Member
Member
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 47
gerry, what model do you have? I have the tool I used for the 37. I am working 400 miles from home but will be there this weekend. A word of caution. I had problems getting my "bezels" tight enough in the door and it would waller around. I believe it was Joe who told me to try put an O-ring over the bezel before sticking it in the door. If this tool will work email me and let me know. I will be on the road thurs through Saturday (going to pick up a panel) and hard to catch. Send email to [email protected] as well as maybe post here. That way I will be sure to know if I can help you. You pay for postage.

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
eek Boy, Alvin, you got a good memory!!

Yes, that is the way to assure the ferrule stays tight. Use an "O" ring. Be sure you get a good quailty "O" ring that will not rot. I bought mine from an "O" ring shop here in Hurst. Yep, there is a guy here that sells "O" rings for everything from toilets to rocket
ships! grin They can be found! When you slip the tool inside the ferrule, just press a little until you feel it snug up. It won't take much, but with that "O" ring, it will stay nice and snug for, let's see, I've had mine on about twenty years.

Joe smile


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 15
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 15
Thanks alvin, I have a 1940 1/2 ton and the ferrule tool will work. I also have sent you and email with the information. also thank you joe for the oring info very helpful. Thanks again Gerry

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 47
Member
Member
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 47
hadn't checked the HOME email yet gerry5354 but if you sent your address I will try to get it mailed no later than Tuesday morning. Mail won't run Monday and I'm going "on the road" EARLY Friday morning to get the panel. Lets see, 375 to get home, 580 to get the panel, 580 back home, 375 back to work.....man, we must love this hobby or plain stupid or crazeeeyy? And gas just went up another .27 here. ughh more in gas than the panel! (memory like an elephant Joe..hehe)


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0