| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
139
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,680 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2016 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2016 Posts: 12 | Folks,
I'm trying to find any images or description of the original bench seat for a 49 Chevrolet 1/2 ton. It was originally that burgundy/maroon, but I'm leaning towards the brown interior. Regardless, I'm just trying to figure out if there were any patterns/styles/etc. Thanks
49 Chevrolet 1/2 ton original
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,296 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,296 | Jim Carter sells a maroon seat cover which is very close to the original deluxe maroon color with the black deep fissures. I am very pleased with it. Carl
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 289 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2007 Posts: 289 | How original do you want and how much do you want to spend? I have used Carter's upholstery kit and used fabric from SMS to cover seats in my 1950 Chevy truck and 1952 GMC. In my opinion, the material from SMS is far more original looking but you are going to spend more that the kit from Carter. You can go to SMS's website and look at their "old truck" fabric which is what I used. Mike | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,296 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,296 | Huck is right about the SMS "old truck" fabric, but I choked on the price for enough material to do the seats, and then the price an upholsterer wanted to charge me to sew and install the fabric.
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | |
| |
| |