The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (dinosoar, klhansen, mick53, Otto Skorzeny, 1 invisible), 83 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,675
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 12
P
New Guy
New Guy
P Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 12
Folks,

I'm trying to find any images or description of the original bench seat for a 49 Chevrolet 1/2 ton. It was originally that burgundy/maroon, but I'm leaning towards the brown interior. Regardless, I'm just trying to figure out if there were any patterns/styles/etc. Thanks


49 Chevrolet 1/2 ton original
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,294
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,294
Jim Carter sells a maroon seat cover which is very close to the original deluxe maroon color with the black deep fissures. I am very pleased with it.
Carl


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 289
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 289
How original do you want and how much do you want to spend? I have used Carter's upholstery kit and used fabric from SMS to cover seats in my 1950 Chevy truck and 1952 GMC. In my opinion, the material from SMS is far more original looking but you are going to spend more that the kit from Carter. You can go to SMS's website and look at their "old truck" fabric which is what I used.
Mike

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,294
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,294
Huck is right about the SMS "old truck" fabric, but I choked on the price for enough material to do the seats, and then the price an upholsterer wanted to charge me to sew and install the fabric.


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0