| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,132 Posts1,056,386 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 18 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 18 | Hello All..I am rebuilding my 1964 C10 and have hit a road block. On my lower control arm, one side will not accept the cap threads that hold in the control arm bar. I have swapped the caps to the other side and it threads as expected. Any suggestions? Does anyone know if it is a 1 5/8" tap? I would prefer to "fix" this rather than replace the piece. Please let me know!
Best Regards The Forge Dude | | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 220 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 220 | I do not know what size tap is required. Question, are you doing this under load (is the spring installed). I doubt you are but wanted to ask. If you cannot get it to start you may have to get a new rod for the cap to attach to. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 18 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 18 | Hi Rusty64, Nope the control arm is off the truck. The rod itself is fine and spins into the cap, it is the threads on the control arm that are mucked up. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | Weld the cap to the control arm. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 18 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 18 | Howdy Wrenchbender! I thought about doing that as a last resort (okay last resort was buying a new control arm hahaha) I am going to attempt cutting new threads with my Dremel, I figure several strong cups of java will counter the normal shakiness of my skills. Thanks for the tip!
Best Regards, The Forge Dude
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 | Take it to an Automotive Machine shop or auto repair shop. They will have an assortment of dies. Surely one will fit. Harold
Harold Is a restoration ever finished? | | |
| |
| |