The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Bill Trotter, mick53, GIJOE298, Mike'sPlace, Otto Skorzeny, Hush, 1 invisible), 77 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,080
Posts1,056,288
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#117272 08/07/2005 10:43 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 38
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 38
I have a chance to get a steel reproduction fender for my 56 truck for a resonable price. What are your guys opinion on the quality of these fenders? (The person selling it to me got it from an advertiser in a truck mag) Is fit the same? Steel thickness? Where are these fenders made? I have been restoring pre 1967 VW's for twenty years and can tell you 90% of the aftermarket stuff (with the exception of rubber) for those cars are crap. I figured it would be the same here, but wanted to get some opinions.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
the front TF repop fenders are pretty new and not from the 'usual suspects', but along w/ the recently introduced TF doors, are supposed to have been set up from GM drawings, tho not sure where they're being stamped - prolly Taiwan as that's the place that's 'cost effective' nowadays! I've talked to a guy who's seen them used and he sez they're quite good - never get a perfect fit because these trucks never fit all that well from the factory, but are well worth the price compared to patching rusted originals, and they're a good gauge, not flimsey stuff

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
T
Tab Offline
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
I bought a fiberglass replacement front left fender for my 62. It SUCKED. Fortunately Chevyduty replaced it at no charge for a metal fender which fit much better, but not perfect. Buying from a individual is a crap shoot.


delete my account and pictures
#117275 08/08/2005 12:13 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2
The 47-59 parts are mostly made by Dynacorn and seem to be a pretty good fit for aftermarket parts. They are the company making the new 69 Camaro full body. I have used and sold their 47-56 parts with no complaints from customers yet. ALL the sheetmetal parts are Taiwan made now but they are much better tooled than 5 years ago in my opinion. The good thing about Dynacorn is they have warehouses in CA,TX and PA that my customers can pick up from and inspect the parts before loading them.Tab the 60-66 front fenders by TRI PLUS are being retooled by Dynacorn i am told so maybe theres hope for the 60-66 crowd.
Ed

#117276 08/17/2005 10:59 PM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 95
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 95
I just put a replacement front fender on my 70 c20 suburban. I had to file some of the holes to make everything line up. But 35 years of hard work on a 4X4 you can't expect everything to just line up. The price was less than half the price of original fenders that weren't absolutely the greatest. When I was done everything fit, the lines and gaps were even and I'm happy. Just a lot of patience and a willingness to make it work right. Redcoat

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 81
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 81
Does anyone know of a source for tilt front clips for the 60-66 trucks?

I remember back in early to mid 90's of an outfit from Oklahoma that made these, does anyone remember the name?


Boogity, Boogity, Boogity Let's go racin boys.
Drive fast, turn left. GO #20.

Real trucks where bowties.
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 613
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 613

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1
I just finished retstoring my 1978 GMC 1/2 and had to purchase new front fenders for it. The fenders where $89.00 CDN and where made in Taiwan. Before I removed the original fenders I marked with tape the gaps between the fenders, door and hood to insure a good fit when I bolted in the repo fenders. I have to admit that the repo fenders where a dead fit to the originals. I have heard bad things about the repo fenders but these ones worked out fine.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 23
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 23
My experience with aftermarket body parts is that you have to make them fit. Most are made overseas.


Making chicken salad out of chicken sh!t.
1955 Ford F100
1954 GMC

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0