The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, Pre '68 Dave, BCBill), 289 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,178
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1172263 07/02/2016 10:21 PM
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 5
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 5
I'm hoping someone here has run into this before.

I bought my truck without a motor or the front motor mount. I've been looking off and on for about 6 months and the mount isn't reproduced, only the rubber insulator and oil shield.

Short question is, has anyone made one? Is there an alternative way mount the engine in front? I've only seen a few photos of the mount so I don't really know what it looks like assembled, but it seems like all I need to do is attach the front mounting plate to the frame cross member with some type of rubber cushion.

Am I on the right track here? Has anyone come up with a workaround for the front mount? This is for a 1950 Chevy 3100 with a six cylinder engine.

Thanks!

Rodger


1950 Chevy 3100 Short Bed

Work in Progress although both are debatable!
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
If you can find a used/no good one there are places that rebuild mounts. Just had a rear pair done for a 40 Pontiac 6. As along as you have the steel part they can mold the rubber part. If all else fails go to your FLAPS and look at the transmission mounts as many of them are rectangular with studs/bolts on both the bottom and top. Probably have to drill holes to fit in front engine plate. For much more stable engine mounts weld an arm off each side of the front plate and use flathead Ford mounts. Corvette did this and had the mount plate attached with the water pump bolts.


Evan
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 5
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 5
That's a good idea on the transmission mount. I may be able to get something close and modify it from there.

Thanks!


1950 Chevy 3100 Short Bed

Work in Progress although both are debatable!
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
it is reproduced but on back order

...on back order...


parts wanted ad might help you



Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,061
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,061
Somebody must have one laying around, go to the parts wanted topic.


1946 1-ton Panel
1952 1-ton Comml. W/Grain Body
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 240
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 240
No complete plans here but some ideas or guidance. Denny does nice work.

Good luck, have fun.


Bill


1947 3100 Advanced Design

Never, never, never, never give up. - Churchill
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 5
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 5
Thanks for the link, Bill. That helps explain a lot. Hopefully, I'll be able to come up with some of the pieces. If not, that'll give me an idea what needs to be done.

I really want to get back on track with this project.

Rodger


1950 Chevy 3100 Short Bed

Work in Progress although both are debatable!
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 141
1
'Bolter
'Bolter
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 141
I may have a mount for you. Is it the one that bolts to the timing chain cover mount? Or the one with one bolt that has a u shaped mount with two bolts on each side? I have one of each.


Trombones Totem Poles And Old Trucks!
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 5
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 5
It bolts to the plate behind the timing cover.

Mount

This is the one I'm looking for.

Thanks!!

Rodger


1950 Chevy 3100 Short Bed

Work in Progress although both are debatable!
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 141
1
'Bolter
'Bolter
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 141
I have one I can sell you. Send me a message and we can trade info. I have a rubber piece also.


Trombones Totem Poles And Old Trucks!
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Person-to-person buying/selling/trading/gifting should take place in Private Messages or in email.

This avoids cluttering up a useful thread with info that is has no long term usefulness.

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 141
1
'Bolter
'Bolter
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 141
And that's exactly why I suggested he contact me by message. Every time I post on this site I get over moderated. Then I go away for a year or so because its not worth it to even try and help someone out. Forget it!


Trombones Totem Poles And Old Trucks!
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Well Dan, rules are rules. Read the user manual on the Home Page and do your best to follow the rules. When you get caught don't take it personal just tell yourself "I need to do better". Getting mad and leaving does nothing for you or the site. Hang around and enjoy yourself, it's a lot less stressful.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Stick around, Dan

You could have used email and you could have used PM - them's the rules.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0