Thanks for the response.
I have not shot concept before so was not sure what I could get away with as far as sand scratches so thought 800 was safe. The fill primer underneath is pretty much "leveled" and this is a final sealer only.
As far as time, thats not an issue. I am paranoid about that and because of defects I have seen from people rushing primers I wont even sand primer once I get to the guidecoat stage until it has sat for two days. Probably stupid but I dont want to have any shrinkage. I have plenty to do on this frame off 67 Z so a couple days is nothing
The reason I ended up with DP for a sealer was my jobber talked me into it. Originally I had a mix of DP and K36 Kondar on the car and was planning on sealing both of them. As it turned out I shot K36 on everything and did one final guidecoat as I have had problems with DP lifting DP anywhere there I had sanded through to bare metal. So I could have used any sealer as it turns out.
I am not expert at all, but I personally like how DP sands once cured. Just not for the first day.
Rich
PS: Nice to see another GM musclecar guy on here.
Here is a couple pics of "project"
[img]
http://www.ctiowa.com/z-bottom.jpg[/img]
[img]
http://www.ctiowa.com/z-inside.jpg[/img]