The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Lightholder's Dad, Hawkman, Gdads51, BCBill, 1 invisible), 183 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,175
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 46
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 46
I recently bought a nice Dodge Dakota second row seat from the pull apart yard. I want to mount this seat in my 48 Chevy 5 window 1/2 ton truck. I only paid 30 dollars for the seat and order 2 pair of universal seat mounts from Yogis. My question is that the Dakota send row seat original sat on a hump and the support on the bottom of the seat is limited. The seat folds forward when levers are lifted. My plans are to use a piece of 3/4 inch plywood on top of seat risers to mount seat to risers before mounting seat in truck. I was wondering if anyone had completed a project similar. When I did my floorboard repair we cut out the seat risers because we felt that a modern seat would not only save on upholstery cost but also provide my clearance between the steering wheel and my stomach. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 256
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 256
Hey 48CTD: I did something similar to my 3100. Used the 3rd seat from a mid 90s Ford Windstar ($50 brand new take out still had the plastic on it). I too cut out the original pedestal, leaving that 4" riser just forward of the gas tank (took the gas tank out of the cab too...like your 48). Anyway, the seat bottom was just not firm enough so what Idid was sandwiched a piece of 1/4" MDF between the upholstery springs at the bottom and the foam above....made a big difference! . Built my own 2 pedestals from treated 4x4s which I wrapped in the same carpet that I used on the floor. Also I made a paper template of the floor and transferred that to a sheet of 1/8" aluminum but before I bolted everything down I first filled that depression in the floor w expandable urethane foam. My entire floor is now flat, insulated and carpeted. Engineered a power seat mechanism from a 90 Park Avenue to it also. Lots of jackology but I love the bench seat, very comfortable and can seat 3 normal people easily. Hope that helps....Dave.


1948 5-window 3100 Chevy
327 V-8 TBI 700R4 Posi 3.73
"Old Blue"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 256
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 256
(Addendum: although my truck is titled as a 48 my cab is actually 1950).


1948 5-window 3100 Chevy
327 V-8 TBI 700R4 Posi 3.73
"Old Blue"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0