The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (3B, Bill Hanlon, TooMany2count, Otto Skorzeny, Peggy M, GDW, 1 invisible), 114 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,460
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1167447 05/30/2016 4:03 AM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,316
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,316
Trying to find out what year my rear axle is is there any markings on the rear axle any were to determine the year. The truck I took it out of I beleave is a 52. The truck had push button door handles tube shocks. Ordered a ring and pinion kit and wanted to make sure I got the right Oakley bushing as I think they were different size bushings for different years.


1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY
KEVINSKI #1167467 05/30/2016 12:23 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 54
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 54
On the Chevy truck there is a s/n on the driveshaft side of the pumpkin. It's stamped in and it will be on the left when looking from the front of the truck. If it starts with a K it's a 52

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
Just so you know the bolt circle diameter on Canadian carriers is different than in the US so modifications are required to make it fit. More info




1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod
You Tube
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,316
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,316
Thanks I was aware of the carrier being different and have one on order just wanted to make sure I had the right oakie bushing as my 54 truck has a older rear end in it . I will check the number on the axle.great imfo thanks again


1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0