Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,437 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2002 Posts: 272 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2002 Posts: 272 | Rock on! I am soooo jealous.
What kind of mess did that amount of paint/prime work make in your garage? What precautions did you take for safety and cleanup?
I have a normal garage and would like to paint in small increments like you are doing also.
Any help is appreciated. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 623 "MONGO" | | "MONGO" Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 623 | In2deep: I'm lucky that my buddy Jerry has a bay in his barn setup for painting so we've been doing all that at his place. It's not a perfect environment but it works pretty well he has a huge exhaust fan and we wear masks while we're shooting. I've heard of guys making temporary paint boths in normal garages with some heavy plastic and some fans with furnace filters. so it's possible to do it in a small space.. MONGO | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 1,424 ODSS President | | ODSS President Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 1,424 | Way to go, can't wait for the final outcome!!!!!
~ Cosmo 1949 Chevy Half Ton Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities. "...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes "If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra "Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer
| | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | That looks great! All of your trucks are really neat. THe extended cab looks well done compared to some I have seen. Awesome and good luck! | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 622 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 622 | The fenders look great, but who's that nerdy dude in the cowboy hat? I suggest that you shoot a couple of cans of spray tar in those fender wells to prevent stones from shooting up and denting those perfect fenders from the inside out. I learned the hard way on my 62, step-side. I had my rear fenders totally perfect. I drove over a newly graveled road and I could hear the rocks hitting my fenders. It wasn't long before I had about 10 dents on each side that cracked the paint and destroyed the body work underneath. I had to dig each one out, sand them down then refill. I was not a happy camper.
delete my account and pictures
| | |
| |