| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,277 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 7 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 7 | I have been thinking maybe buying one of those truck rotators. the problem is I can imagine $2000.00 worth of scrap iron taking up my shop. does any one have and use these things or is it a really nice discovery channel garage type thing for $70,000 handformed hiboys? Jon
Jon
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 147 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2005 Posts: 147 | Jon, My buddy built one a few years ago, worked well when he was restoring his 63 Impala. It beat the heck out of crawling under the car to weld new floor pans. It is a lot of steel to store though.
Unless you are planning to restore a lot of vehicles, kind of a waste of money. I also have another friend that built one on an old boat trailer (smaller version). Works well for taking the body to the sand blaster. -RT1 | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 466 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 466 | I saw one a guy made (car size) that could be taken apart for storage. It would not be very big if it was for rotating just a pickup cab. Attaching points? Hmmm... Do a web search for plans? I think it is a good idea! I would like one to fit my burb body. Buddy | | | | | Joined: Jun 2002 Posts: 272 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2002 Posts: 272 | I have been thinking of this too. For the cab only I was thinking you would have to simulate the frame rails and attach to the firewall or something too. I keep thinking that if the cab was hung upside down by the mounts only it could tear away or damage the mounting points. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 7 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 7 | What about supporting off the drip rails along with body mounts? Or going thru the body mounts and adding thicker steel plate to the floor
Jon
| | |
| |
| |