The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, 37 GC, blanch53, 1 invisible), 85 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,605
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1166384 05/22/2016 12:15 AM
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 1
N
Moderated
Moderated
N Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 1
Hello people, this is my very first restoration project and I have never saw one of these trucks until this year. With that being said I don't have a clue what they came from the factory with ,like did they have cab lights or fender lights and if so,what did they look like and how many cab lights. I have yet to start the tear down process and I already know that I am going to need floor boards, cab corners,dash,kick panels at least I door and inner fenders. I am not having any luck as of late and could really use some kind of direction from a knowledgeable person

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Welcome to the site! I am not familiar with the COE's but I'm sure someone will come along with some info for you soon! If you haven't already, click on "home" at the top of the page, there is a story about a 52 COE!


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Welcome to the Stovcebolt wave

Sheet metal parts are not being reproduced for the COE's so you'll have to post an ad in the "Parts Wanted" section and keep an eye on eBay and Craig's List.

Others will be along to help with the details...

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
There are several Facebook Pages dedicated to COE's. Lots of parts being sold, & purchased. you should check them out.


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 99
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 99
Keep that last post for future reference. Sparky is the COE expert and always happy to help. I've got a 53-5100 myself that I rescued from near dead and enjoy driving, but still consider myself behind the learning curve compared to most of the guys on this site. Get some pics up first chance you get.

Geo

Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 99
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 99
That's Spanky, by the way not Sparky.


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0