The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (52Carl, Steelonsteel, Otto Skorzeny, Gray_Ghost, Jay R, 1 invisible), 111 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,417
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 25
D
Don
Offline
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 25
On the 60 thru 66 Chevy Fleetside Beds you have a two piece side upper and lower what is the best way to seal that area to keep from rusting?
62 Blue
Don

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,286
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Online: Content
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,286
Media blast it, epoxy prime it, force a bead of 3M panel adhesive into the seam, sand it smooth after the adhesive cures.


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 406
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 406
If you have the bed apart, consider one more step. On my 59 with a similar seam, I laid the bedside on sawhorses and after removing existing rust I drizzled Rustoleum red primer into the seam coat after coat until it quit seeping into the seam. Then sanded it smooth and followed up with epoxy and paint as described above. So far so good on the rust. I felt that if rust reoccurs it will come from the inside of the bed and it would be important to seal deep into the seam.

Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 25
D
Don
Offline
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 25
Thanks for the reply back guys. Its been awhile that I have been on here as I have been going to the doctor for Vein work and I can't do a darn thing just yet. If anyone has vein problems get it done as soon as possible because I waited just way to long.
Thanks again guys as I knew you would come through as always
62blue
Don


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0