The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Gdads51, DadsFirstPickup, 3B, Joe H), 79 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,118
Posts1,056,305
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 84
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 84
Hey MartinSr. I have a question I would like to ask you and anyone with any paint knowledge. I have a custom color green which I pre mixed, The color closely resembles a light impala sage green with a extra dose of green metalic. THe brand is western one stage-hardner is added which gives it a wet look. My question is this I want to shoot some clear on it after I have some ghost flames shot in a green pearl with flake. Will this clear go on my truck and stay or do I need to change my paint to a two stage? ANd If I can shoot the clear....what steps do I need to take. Will the onestage paint be to shiny for the clear to stick? any help anyone can give me on the subject will be greatly appreciated.

thanks guys and gals,
KEEP ON STOVEBOLTING!!!!!!!

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 46
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 46
you will have to go to the manufactures web page but most single stage paints you can apply clear over


DUSTY G.

you can do anything you want as long as you have an O [censored] man in case you mess up
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 57
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 57
I sprayed 5-Star urethane clearcoat over Dupont single stage and it worked great. Never hade a problem with it until the car got T-Boned!!!!

I was told that it had to be sprayed within 24 HRs of the single stage. I waited 3 days with no problem.


Kelly
1951 Chevy 3100
1967 RS/SS Camaro
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 84
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 84
hey guys thanks...I will put the clear coat whic is the same brand as the single stage and see what happens. I can always sand and repaint. The paint is cheap but should alst 4-5 years. I'll send photos once my girl is painted.

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 428
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 428
I sprayed clear over the one stage paint I shot on my '86 S10 and it looked great. The truck has been painted for about 4 years now, and the clear is starting to lift on the top of the cab. That is ok because I plan on repainting next spring anyway. Think I will go 2 stage next time around though.


Ralph Davis
1970 Chevy C10 Webshots
My Stovebolt Gallery page

Old trucks never die, they just find a new home.
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 804
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 804
Western is made by Sherwin Williams and does have a clear coat recommendation. Get the product data sheet and you will find the part number to order it and the info on use.


1948 Chevy Pickup
Chopped and sectioned
owned since 1974 when I was 15.
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 84
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 84
martin sr thanks alot that should help me out alot....Ill send photos once my girl (54 chevy) has all her clothes on. She is kinda naked right now. Thanks to everyone who answered....


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0