The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Barry Martak, Otto Skorzeny, Hawkman, stlcardinalsguy, MickeyP, Oswald), 113 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,414
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1156516 03/23/2016 10:24 PM
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 4
I
New Guy
New Guy
I Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 4
Hi to everyone and thanks for allowing me into this forum. I have a 49 pickup that is a collection of parts between 49 and 52 and between. She is a cruiser and i dont really care about originality since my goal was to make a driver that i can take anywhere up here in Idaho and the northwest.

My dilemna is that i have a rust free 51 cab with a set of great 52 doors and am trying to figure out if they will work together without having to modify heavily or go to an expensive bear claw system. I have 51 strikers and the door closed but in reading other forums, it seems that there are some issues with them. I can find 51 and older doors and make them work but i prefer a vent window and push button doors. I also happen to have some old advertising on one of them that makes it special.

Any help from all of you would be welcome.

Thanks


Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Welcome to Stovebolt. The proper place for this thread is the Paint and Body forum. You will get more responses there since not everyone comes to the Welcome forum.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome to the site. You must have read the thread about the doors, they have their small differences but they will fit. I have a 52 door on one side and a 53 door on the other side. Very few people will ever know that and I don't really care. As Martin suggests, go to "paint and body" there is a sub-forum devoted to doors.
Leo

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

"My dilemna is that i have a rust free 51 cab with a set of great 52 doors and am trying to figure out if they will work together without having to modify heavily or go to an expensive bear claw system. I have 51 strikers and the door closed but in reading other forums, it seems that there are some issues with them."

1952 doors should be used with 1952-1955st latches/catches.

The 1952 door should work fine on you 1951 cab, as long as you use 1952 or later (1952-1955-1st series truck) latches/catches.

Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 4
I
New Guy
New Guy
I Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 4
Thanks. WIll ask there.


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0