Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,157 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 Big Bolt Forum Moderator | | Big Bolt Forum Moderator Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 | so, the heater core in my deluxe heater is leaky (1958). I went to my local radiator guy, and he told me he can not get a replacement core anymore. (to recore mine, using my tanks). Has anyone found one recently, or found a suitable replacement that works with slight modification? (even to the point of removing the heater control valve?)
I wold be fine removing the valve and just putting a manual valve under the hood if needed. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | the deluxe heater core should be the same 55.2-59 .... resto yours or new repro, but spendy .... also it's been said here that the heater core from a 72 Ford pinto w/ AC fits the TF dlx heater, haven't confirmed that Bill | | | | | Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 Big Bolt Forum Moderator | | Big Bolt Forum Moderator Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 | Thanks Bill, I am looking for something a bit more reasonable than a 300$ heater core, I'll check the Pinto one out. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 Big Bolt Forum Moderator | | Big Bolt Forum Moderator Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 | Looking at the Pics of the Pinto one on Napa, it does not look like it will fit, would need to re-position the tubes, and they are 5/8 instead of 3/4. Has someone actually used one and modified it? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | some one here did recommend it in the past .... the 3/4 tubes will work, I believe that's the size that was used on the Corvette heater, just need to fiddle the hose connection on the engine, and use an after market control that can be put under the hood and still hooked to the cable
Bill | | | | | Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 Big Bolt Forum Moderator | | Big Bolt Forum Moderator Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 | interesting.... Yeah, I suppose it is easy enough to change the hose nipples on the engine from 3/4 down to 5/8 to fit the new core. I wonder how easy it is to re-position and solder the tubes if it is all aluminum? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 212 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 212 | Hey 69 Cuda I put the pinto heater core in my 58. I had to do some fabrication but I made it work and the temp. inside climbed to over 90 degrees.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 Big Bolt Forum Moderator | | Big Bolt Forum Moderator Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 | 6751, do you have any pics or details on what you had to do? Did you have to modify the tubes on the heater core, or what all did you have to change? And, is that the correct year, 72 with A/C? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | I have a complete deluxe heater with a good core from my 56. If you are interested I will list it in the Parts For Sale. George They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | |
| |