The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (46 Texaco, sron48), 146 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,313
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1155007 03/14/2016 10:08 PM
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 201
E
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
E Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 201
Does anyone know where I can locate front wheel cylinders or rebuild kits for a 1946 6400? I know it's a one-year axle, but I'm hoping the brakes were used on other models. Thanks

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
If I'm reading my parts book right your wheel cylinders were used from 1936-50 and should have a 1-1/4" bore with casting number 1074903 (p/n 5300869).

If this isn't the correct casting number let me know what it is and I'll try to figure out what you have.

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 201
E
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
E Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 201
Thanks, Mike. I'll pull a hub and cheek this afternoon.

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 201
E
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
E Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 201
I couldn't find any numbers on the cylinder, but what you said jibes with what my FLAPS had in his book. The bad news is that it has leaked on the linings and one of them has shed a piece. Now I have to find either new shoes or someone who still knows how to reline them.

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 444
'
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
' Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 444
There's a NOS pair of Wheel Cylinders

on ebay right now. Go to ebay and in the search box

type in the part # - 5300869

Seller wants $200.00 or Best Offer

Photos@photobucket

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv57/glp0329/Wheel%20Cylinder%205300869/1abc%202_zpsghecfgbe.jpg

&

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv57/glp0329/Wheel%20Cylinder%205300869/2abc%202_zps4hd58lls.jpg

&

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv57/glp0329/Wheel%20Cylinder%205300869/3abc%202_zpsbeyqyyem.jpg



Dan's GM Obsolete
Chinook, Montana
phone: 406-357-2615

Dan's has ( 1 ) GM NOS - GM # 4.665 - GM # 5300869


NOS Parts Source
Olathe, Kansas
phone: 913-220-5746

NOS Parts has ( 1 ) GM NOS - GM # 4.665 - GM # 5300869


Brake Shoe Relining

http://brakematerialsandparts.webs.com/brakerelining.htm


http://industrialbrakeclutch.com/2016/01/21/classic-cars-motorcycles/

George
'54 3600

Last edited by '54 3600; 03/19/2016 12:24 PM. Reason: add

1954 3600
A big help to many on the Bolt
Now cruising in
The Passing Lane
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 201
E
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
E Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 201
Thanks '54, but I got a new one for $36.00. The real jackpot was when I took the shoes off my parts truck to have them relined. They look like new! My mechanic said just clean them up a little and put them in. The truck must have had a brake job just before it was taken out of service.


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0