The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (BC59, cmayna, Peggy M), 144 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,475
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 13
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 13
Hello, I'm a new member. I have just started getting my 1951 back up to speed. It was my first ever vehicle, handed down to me from my grandfather. I'm an electrician by trade so my mechanical abilities and knowledge are limited. I have many questions and I'm looking for some advice and suggestions. From what I have seen so far it appears I have come to the right place...


1951 Chevy Pick-Up
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome Geoffrey. My mechanical abilities are limited as well, that`s why I ended up here. Lots of knowledge here. Nice to keep the old truck in the family, are you going to use it for work?
If you need help, be sure to ask in the appropriate forum, I'm sure you'll get results. Good luck!
Leo

Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 13
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 13
Not for work just for pleasure. I let it sit in my garage as I raised my twin boys (8 years). Just want to get it running again so I can take my boys to breakfast in style. The engine needed work before I parked it and after eight years it needs more attention.


1951 Chevy Pick-Up
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
welcome to the site!


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 55
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 55
welcome ,lots of info here ,where in Ca are you ?


59 chevy apache fleetside

2007 dodge diesel
84 toyota 4 runner, v8,propane power
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 13
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 13
I'm in Downey a small city right outside of Los Angeles. I'm really going to need all the help I can get. I can wire almost anything, but when it comes to mechanics I'm a novice to say the least...


1951 Chevy Pick-Up

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0