The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (DHedrick, Gdads51, Hotrod Lincoln, Donf, 1 invisible), 122 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,375
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1153746 03/06/2016 4:15 PM
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 40
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 40
Just saying, there is nothing worse than having several boxes of parts arrive early on Saturday morning and having to spend the weekend at work wishing I could work on my truck! I am getting so close to having my truck back on the road after sitting all those years, can't wait to get to drive her!


Larry
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Larry,

Take your time - do it right and carefully.

Please post back here with progress reports.

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 40
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 40
I plan on taking my time with the old truck. It is going to be a work in progress for some time. My first goal is to be able to put her safely on the road. I've already rebuilt all the brake system, got the engine running like it should, changed all the fluids. Hauling it to the exhaust shop on Tuesday to hang new exhaust on it. Mount the seat and seatbelts and were good to go. I will do al little at a time while still being able to enjoy her on the road. I don't plan to restore the old truck, just plan on being able to enjoy it and doing what I can when I can. The last one I had I worked on for about 4 years off and on before I got done.


Larry

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0