| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,142 Posts1,056,472 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 591 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 591 | I have a 1957 Chevy pickup. I rebuilt a 1958 steering box and mast and installed it. It seems the pitman arm is not seating as far in as I remember it. I know the shaft on the steering box is tapered. However, the the pitman arm arm when installed as far as it will go, leaves about 1/2 inch exposed thread on the steering box side. The old one left about 3/8 inch of thread. Does this seem OK? Thanks, don | | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 339 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 339 | As long as you have the right torq. on the nut you should be OK. Randy | | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 591 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 591 | root: Thanks for the reply, appreciated. don | | |
| |
| |