| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,088 Posts1,056,380 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 42 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 42 | I have a 34 half ton pickup (Chevy). I am getting ready to deal with some wood replacement, primarily in the doors. I would appreciate information on the type(s) of wood originally used. Also, would like to know where I might find some patterns. Any other do's or don't's on replacing the door wood from some experienced bolters would be appreciated. wjb | | | | | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 213 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2003 Posts: 213 | I found a guy in the southeast US that is awesome. True oldstyle craftsmanship. They were made in 34 with a variety of ash. I've got a 34 1 1/2 ton I'd like to do, and asked for a quote on the wood. It was something like $2300 to do the whole cab. I'm sure it is worth it.
If you want an email address, let me know and I'll connect you to him.
Good luck! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 42 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 42 | Jake53: Would appreciate that information. Hopefully, all I need is some of the wood for the doors, so I am mostly looking for patterns (in case there is not enough good wood left in either door to use for a pattern---I have not yet had the time nor the courage to pull off the panels and take a look at the wood condition. I just keep seeing wood particles on my running boards every now and then.) Thanks. wjb | | | | | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 | Here are all the measurements and specs: Click Here
~~ Alan Horvath 1954 Chevy PickupSinging his praises in thePassing Lane | | | | | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 213 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2003 Posts: 213 | Here's the email link. [email protected] . Try this and he'll get back to you. They were listed in Hemmings. If I read it right, the doors were about $450 each. Pricey, but looks pretty nice. Good luck and let me know what you do. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 42 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 42 | Alan and Jake53: Thanks for the sites.
Jake: I'll check out the door wood and prices.
Alan: Probably I am just "technologically-challenged," but I was not able to locate info on wood for my 34 on that link. (but, I also have a 54 and that is a great site.) If there is information there on 34 wood, would appreciate further help on how to locate.
Appreciate it. wjb | | |
| |
| |