| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,376 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2002 Posts: 1 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jun 2002 Posts: 1 | does anyone out there have an original 1959 that shows the paint color of the interior and the areas of which colors are which? i think the top of the dash is a black crinkle paint.thanks for the help inadvance. cj | | | | | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 41 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 41 | In a 57/58, the floor is dark gray, the dash is flat charcoal gray (looks like 200 grit sandpaper) and the rest is light gray.
Jim Carter carries the dash paint, part number PT146.
I suspect 59 is the same as 57 & 58.
Ed | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 709 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2001 Posts: 709 | c. neel From what I have been able to learn on this subject, the interiors of the cab came in two different colors. Gray, which to this day I have never seen in ANY Task Force era truck and for lack of a better description, a bronze/gold metallic color which is all I have witnessed. My 59 came with the bronze/gold metallic and I can send you photos of the original and reworked versions. I also have a 59 Dealers Truck Data Book that shows a picture of the cab in gray although of not photo quality. The dash itself was indeed a black wrinkle finish on my 59. If you would like the photos, email me. Bruce
Bruce Old Toy: Ol' Betsy stock 59 Apache SB Stepside (Gone but not Forgotten) New Toy: 1962 Impala SS Coupe The Driver: 1990 Toyota truck
| | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | My '59 has the greenish bronze color and the crinkly black dash. I thought the dash had been re painted by someone who forgot to wipe the sanding dust off it. :rolleyes: I guess it must be factory though if y'all's trucks have it too.  | | | | | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 | those 59's musta been done at a plant that had run outta the right color and faked it to get thru the last of the series - the task force trucks should be like slayte sez - the correct colors are called marble gray and charcoal. the top of the dash was a semi-gloss, or matte, dark gray. "greenish bronze" sounds like artdeco.
Bill | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 12 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 12 | This paint question interests me also as I am preparing to paint the interior of my 57 Chevy stepside standard cab. I ordered the Jim Carter paint PT114 gray lacquer(the light gray) and also PT146 dash paint(textured charcoal),which comes in a spray can.In addition, Carter offers PT141,which is egg shell.Would this be for the deluxe cabs? I am interested in the dark gray previously described as the floor color. I have an interesting article in the October '99 issue of Collectible Automobile magazine which profiles the Task Force series. It has several good photos of these trucks. In a photo of the interior of a standard cab '57 like mine it shows this darker gray color on the steering wheel and column. It may also be on the floor but it is covered by a rubber mat. Carter doesn't describe this color in his catalog and I would like to know how I can find this paint. Anyone have any ideas? | | |
| |
| |