The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (NJC, Gdads51, joe apple, 3B, 3800GUY, 1 invisible), 83 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,367
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 51
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 51


1950 one ton panel, 1959 half ton apache
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Very nice, Terrance

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 51
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 51
Thanks, it is very addicting working on these, next project 1926 model T touring coupe


1950 one ton panel, 1959 half ton apache
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,146
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,146
Nice Clean Stock Restoration.
Just curious, what did you use for the interior rear cardboard side panels?
The panels behind the wood cargo tie down braces and vertical side ribs.
picture
Did the truck originally come with a cardboard ceiling with metal seam strips from seats to the rear doors?
What did you use for ceiling from seats to the rear doors?

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 51
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 51
The panels on the side and roof, since no one makes the stock ones I went to my upholsterer and purchased sheets of thick cardboard they use for headliners and the such. The roof panels originally just went to the back of seats which I ordered of line, but I liked the look so much I made more panels from the same material on the sides. I purchased the metal bows on line. That was a real pain in the butt.
Also I primed and painted them with the stock paint as the dash is.

It's stock except for roof panels but I live in Wyoming so I insulated above panels to help hold heat. This was my first restoration, I learned a lot


1950 one ton panel, 1959 half ton apache
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 58
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 58
Very nice!
What part of Wyoming? Me and my 1 ton panel live in Cheyenne.
Best regards,
Les

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 51
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 51
Casper


1950 one ton panel, 1959 half ton apache
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 58
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 58
Ahh.... just up the road a piece.
What did you do for wheels and tires? I like the way yours look. I'm still trying to find a solution that doesn't need spacers but not there yet.
Best regards,
Les

Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 116
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 116
That's a beautiful truck; bringing it back to original is a big job. The interior work is especially well-done. It's interesting actually how llittle the interior design of these panels changed over the years--much like my 38. Your seats are really sharp. Great job!

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 506
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 506
Excellent job on the truck. It looks fantastic. I love the way the passenger seat folds up. It looks like it provides much better access to the back of the vehicle than the seat in my 58 Burb does. You have to contort yourself to get in and out of the back of mine. Looks like yours will be much easier to climb over/past.


Thanks

Larry
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 22
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 22
Really sweet truck.


1955 GMC 250 Panel Truck
Making music in the hills of East Tennessee
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w399/SoundBiscuitProductions/GMCTrailer_zpsaomwdejy.jpg
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Sweet truck! Welcome to the site.


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
N
Neverdone
Unregistered
Neverdone
Unregistered
N
Terrance ,

Sweet job …

Looking through your pictures I noticed two things that I thought were unique to my panel but may be all of them are similar.

I do not know if the passenger seat was an option but I noticed that the pivot bolts for the seat backs are in different points … I had 4 seat frames apart to paint and when trying to match top and bottoms back up it was challenging, and ended up with your configuration

The second was that the rear wheels seem to set just front of center in the openings, it was like this on my 53 pickup but I changed it to a corporate rearand thought it was that

Again sweet job , and I know painting the cargo area was fun ..

Dan

Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 79
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 79
your 1 ton looks great - what kind of wheels are on the vehicle? If they are 16 inches 6 lug, where did you get the hubcaps?

Best, riverdancer9


Lisa

1952 Chevy Carryall in completely original condition
Pulled out of a barn in Colorado high desert
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
T
Bondo Artiste
Bondo Artiste
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
Great job and I really like the color.


~ Phillip
1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project
1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic
1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25
1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY!
1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0