The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (NJC, Gdads51, ronsway, Hush, 1 invisible), 143 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,179
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1096925 04/12/2015 1:24 AM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 6
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 6
Does anyone know where i can find an oil pan for a 51GMC with a 228 engine? i had 2 but both are in bad shape. Thanks

warlock #1096951 04/12/2015 3:05 AM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Try a Parts Wanted ad at Stovebolt.com.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
warlock #1144740 01/15/2016 7:02 AM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
If you haven't found it yet try online JJinlines. This is not my place or any relative. Just a nice guy who has LOTS of parts.

warlock #1144807 01/15/2016 7:09 PM
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 789
Former BMW Rider
Former BMW Rider
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 789
Our GMC friends might be able to help you out. Check out their Discussion Board in the Swap Meet section.

www.oldgmctrucks.com

Good luck,


Andy

His: 1947 Chevrolet 3104
Hers: 2008 American Saddlebred

"I proudly Stand for the Flag and Kneel for the Cross" Unknown
warlock #1144853 01/15/2016 11:02 PM
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
E
Crusing in the Passing Lane
Crusing in the Passing Lane
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
One can use any pan 228-302, for a 228, not reverse application, however.

Ed


'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires.
'47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle.
'54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed.
'55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
warlock #1145144 01/17/2016 2:31 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
I don't know where in IL. you are but there are 2 GMCs in a junk yard in Tonica IL.I think the yard is called US both had there engines in them.


Pete

warlock #1145165 01/17/2016 4:45 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 899
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 899
warlock, I think this is what Pete52 is referring to.
http://www.ijunkyards.com/index.php?event=junk-yards-detail&junkyard=1860
The owners name is Mitch, I think he can be reached also at this number during business hours. 815-488-9410.
Here's another link:
http://www.yellowpages.com/tonica-il/mip/ace-auto-salvage-12863323


Brian
1955.2 3100 Truck
The older I get the more dangerous I am!!!!!
warlock #1145321 01/18/2016 1:28 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 899
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 899
I just now seen this is an old post. warlock hasn't posted since 4/2015.


Brian
1955.2 3100 Truck
The older I get the more dangerous I am!!!!!
warlock #1145365 01/18/2016 7:39 PM
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 789
Former BMW Rider
Former BMW Rider
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 789
Well Brian, you're far more observant than the rest of us!


Andy

His: 1947 Chevrolet 3104
Hers: 2008 American Saddlebred

"I proudly Stand for the Flag and Kneel for the Cross" Unknown
warlock #1145642 01/20/2016 5:12 AM
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 631
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 631
I am rebuilding a 228 as we speak. The oil pan looks like the past owners used it as a skip plate............but...........there is real metal in that pan so pounding the dents and welding the drain plug reinforced area = "good as new"


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0