| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,132 Posts1,056,385 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 151 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 151 | Seems like everybodys got panel questions today. On my windshield frame posts on the body, both sides there seems to be a place for something but I don't know what. Is it some kind of regulator/support of some kind?? The center crank out works great just think something is missing on the sides. Also can anybody tell me where I can find a true parts manual for my truck?? I got the Detroit Iron CD but it just gives me service info and part suppliers not a true part listing for the truck.
Thanks folks
David Just a firefighter, Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult '46 1/2 T Panel
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 127 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 127 | I don't think the crank out windshields had anything else supporting the window. There are rubber cushions on either side but thats about it. Do you have the interior trim off? I know when I removed my trim there is an area on the windshield posts where it looks like the roof section is bolted to the lower part of the cab at the factory. Check out http://www.oldchevytrucks.com to see if they maybe have a manual for your truck. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 481 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 481 | Welcome to the Stovebolt Page Bluepen. I once saw some window latches that were removed from the window frame of a 46. They looked OEM but I've never seen them again. Chevrolet didn't print a separate parts or service manual for civilian trucks to my knowledge 41-46. The Chevrolet shop manuals and master parts catalog include both cars and trucks 41-46. GMC however, did print separate service and parts manuals for their trucks.  | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 151 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 151 | Thanks for the info folks. 41 Chevy trucker I think that the bolt holes in the post are what I'm seeing because there was no trim there when I got the truck. Guess I better find those trim parts. Rusty thanks for the info on the manual. I'll see if maybe I can find another around someplace it might be more helpful than the CD I got. If this works heres some pics of the truck when I started and just a short while ago, I need to take some more soon. http://community.webshots.com/scripts/controlPanel.fcgi Thanks again and I'll be around asking more questions I know
David Just a firefighter, Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult '46 1/2 T Panel
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 112 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 112 | Hey Bluepen...can't get to your pictures.. Am I doing something wrong..
1946 chevy 1/2 ton panel 1937 ford coupe | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | Your link took me to my webshots page. The winshield in the military trucks had brackets on the sides of the winshield and no center support. The windshield was pushed out by hand to the desired degree then knobs tightened in a slot to hold it there. Could it be the mount holes for the side brackets are on all of them and covered by trim on civilian models? Or maybe yours was replaced with one out of a military model sometime in the past. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 151 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 151 | I found out the parts I'm missing over the weekend. We went to a wedding and there was a perfectly restored '46 Chevy 1/2t Pick-up there that he couple used to ride in from the church to the recpeption in. I found out there is two trim pieces on both sides that I'm missing. And yes I got his name and card and we might be doing some part trading. As for the pics I'll try this link here, its to another site where I have some pics at. http://hotrodders.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=7126 http://hotrodders.com/cgibin/album/album.pl I hope those will work. I'll have to figure out the webshots thing
David Just a firefighter, Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult '46 1/2 T Panel
| | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | Looks like the makin's of a nice ride. | | |
| |
| |