| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
120
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,474 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2009 Posts: 21 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2009 Posts: 21 | I got a 49 gmc one ton truck with a 9 ft bed. I want to switch my ring gear so I can actually drive the truck. Any suggestions? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 614 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 614 | Dan, In the tech tip's, there is a very well written article to answer your question. Also, Grigg is actually documenting his project on his 1-ton in the project journals, and walk's you through it. A must read. I have done the pinion upgrade on my 1-ton as well, and it's a wonderful thing. Easy also. The hardest part is finding the donor carrier section. Good luck! | | | | | Joined: Feb 2015 Posts: 273 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2015 Posts: 273 | Dan, Check this topic. Then make sure to send me a PM so I can add you to my list of people who want them. https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...36052/HO52/72_4.10_swap.html#Post1136052I have been hooking up people with swaps, including the ones you'll see in Grigg's article, so your old one may be desireable to someone else. Also I am waiting for an answer from someone who says he has a cache of 4.10's that would only be for sale, no trades. The other option is to find a cab and chassis GM 14 bolt and swap the whole thing. Grigg can point you in the right direction on that. I learned of it from him in the first place. I will be going that route also. Larry W.
1953 3800 Dually Flatbed
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 | 4.10s are very scarce. If you run the stock 17" tires, a 4.56 out of a 3/4 ton will do pretty good. And they are every where. | | |
| |
| |