The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (3800GUY, Gray_Ghost, papas52, Ponchogl, Bill Hanlon, Hanks custodian), 109 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,105
Posts1,056,205
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1141535 12/27/2015 11:38 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
I know we are all familiar with the standard AD hood ornament and the GMC Jet plane types but I now have a question about a different type.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/15353378030/in/album-72157631868452754/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/23985911716/in/album-72157631868452754/
Recently I purchased this original 1953 Accessory booklet and saw a hood ornament I was not familiar with.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/23903458142/in/dateposted-public/
Has anyone ever seen or have one like this?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/23903473532/in/dateposted-public/

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
Thanks Tim I have been to his site many times and never saw that reference.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
It would be interesting to see one in 3-D, Brad.

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
I can see why it never caught on.
A nice collectable to put on a shelf maybe.
Brad, when are you going to open your museum to the public?
Build it. They will come.
Carl


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
Ha, not sure how I would lay it all out. I am considering how to package all my literature and filmstrip information as a retirement endeavor when my mining career is over.

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
You need to go ahead and retire now. There are too many of us growing too old to wait much longer.
Carl


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0